A Guide to Software Package Evaluation and Selection
The R2ISC Method
Author: Nathan Hollander
Pub Date: September 2000
Print Edition: $34.95
Print ISBN: 9780814473375
Page Count: 352
Format: Paper or Softback
e-Book ISBN: 9780814424926
Buy the book:
How do you decide on the best software for your company? Very carefully!
This book shows how.
How do you decide on the best software for your company? Very carefully! This book shows how.
"Finding the right software for a company is downright scary! Whether it's for inventory, e-commerce, accounting, e-mail, or whatever else the company needs, a poor software decision has negative ripple effects that can undermine business for years to come (and damage reputations as well).
This pragmatic book is for anyone charged with evaluating and choosing an application. It provides a systematic method for selecting the best software. In careful detail, the book guides readers through each key step to obtaining a package that meets their needs, based on: critical requirements, budget, culture, and in-house technical expertise. Readers learn how to:
* Create a request for proposal (RFP), and then understand how to thoroughly evaluate the vendors' responses
* Accurately compare requirements against the package
* Ensure that the vendor demonstrations really help them determine if the software can do the job they need
* Investigate the software company to make sure it's reliable
* Negotiate the contract to the organization's advantage."
About the Author
Nathan Hollander (West Orange, NJ) is senior consultant at CSC Consulting and previously worked for Coopers & Lybrand and Ernst & Young.
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.