The New HR Analytics
Predicting the Economic Value of Your Company's Human Capital Investments
Author:Dr. Jac Fitz-enz
Pub Date: May 2010
Print Edition: $34.95
Print ISBN: 9780814439500
Page Count: 368
e-Book ISBN: 9780814416440
Buy the book:
With his landmark book The ROI of Human Capital, Jac Fitz-enz delivered a powerful methodology for pinpointing the bottom-line contributions of employees. The book helped transform human resources, turning a field considered soft and vulnerable into a business-focused operation that delivered quantifiable results.
Now Fitz-enz uncovers the most exciting and promising development in HR today: actually predicting the monetary value of future human capital investments through analytics. This is a new and vastly improved way of mapping out organizational needs, particularly in the wake of layoffs and economic turmoil, as organizations recover and rebuild for the future.
The New HR Analytics supplies the principles, practices, and worksheets you need to thoroughly grasp and apply HCM:21®, the author’s four-phase predictive management model. Original research conducted by 30 HR practitioners and global thought leaders details their experiences translating human capital analytics into action. The book:
• Makes a passionate case for why HR needs to embrace analytics to keep pace with how the shifting market and internal factors affect human capital management
• Promotes a new workplace planning model focused on generating human capability through employee engagement and paying for performance
• Explains how to turn HR service delivery into a value-generating process by analyzing staffing, development, and turnover through the lens of a cost-effective input-throughput-output model
• Provides an in-depth approach to performance measurement and reporting—one that links strategic, operational, and leading indicators to apply metrics and analytics in a more meaningful way
The book’s numerous real-world examples show you exactly how the predictive management model has been put to work, including how:
• Ingram Book Group used analytics to combat an ongoing turnover and productivity problem
• Enterprise partnered with Monster to use market and demographic information for selecting a call-center site
• UnitedHealth Group drew on analytics and technology to solve its staffing and retention problems
Analytics, explains Fitz-enz, is not just a set of statistical tools. It is a mental framework, a quantum leap in human capital management. It is the logic framework that gathers, organizes, and interprets data—to deliver the knowledge your organization needs to grow and thrive.
Jac Fitz-enz is acknowledged worldwide as the father of human capital strategic analysis and measurement. As founder of Saratoga Institute, he developed the first international HR benchmarks. He was named by HR World as one of the Top 5 HR Management Gurus and cited by HR Magazine as one who has significantly changed the field. He has authored a dozen books, including the award-winning The ROI of Human Capital, and his column “Leading Edge” appears monthly in Talent Management. He can be reached at email@example.com.
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org