The Real Estate Investor's Pocket Calculator
Simple Ways to Compute Cash Flow, Value, Return, and Other Key Financial Measurements
Author: Michael C. Thomsett
Pub Date: October 2017
Print Edition: $19.95
Print ISBN: 9780814438893
Page Count: 288
Format: Paper or Softback
Edition: Second Edition
e-Book ISBN: 9780814438909
Buy the book:
Back Cover Copy
Despite cyclical periods of stagnation or decline, real estate remains one of the best long-term options for securing financial freedom . . . if you know what you’re doing.
Turning a profit goes beyond finding great properties at good prices. It requires analyzing mortgages, weighing risks, and projecting cash flow. It means mastering finance, valuation, and calculations—skills that most investors lack.
The Real Estate Investor’s Pocket Calculator helps even math-challenged investors crunch numbers like financial pros. With more than 100 Excel formulas and clear explanations of how, when, and why to use each, the book covers every area that can make or break a deal, including how to:
• Gauge supply and demand by neighborhood and property type
• Project return on investment and equity
• Analyze present and future value
• Understand appraisal approaches and why market values are usually lower than what you pay
• Evaluate mortgages and factor interest rates into total costs
• Calculate rental income and cash flow—the key to successful real estate investing
• Compute internal rate of return and debt coverage ratio
• Make accurate tax projections, including depreciation and capital gains
• Evaluate lease options and pooled investments
• Balance escrow and closing, and much more
Complete with new formulas, worksheets, instructions for keeping track of revenue and expenses, and more, The Real Estate Investor’s Pocket Calculator ensures that your real estate bets pay off big.
Michael C. Thomsett is a financial writer whose books include Getting Started in Options and Getting Started in Real Estate Investing. An experienced investor, he has successfully owned and managed as many as 12 properties at a time.
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org