Lead by Example
50 Ways Great Leaders Inspire Results
Author: John Baldoni
Pub Date: October 2008
Print Edition: $18.95
Print ISBN: 9780814437643
Page Count: 240
Format: Paper or Softback
e-Book ISBN: 9780814412954
Buy the book:
Top Fifteen Things Leaders Need to Know to Inspire Results
1. Demonstrate character. It forms the foundation of everything a leader says and does.
2. Be accountable for your actions and responsible for the actions of others.
3. Check your ego at the door (and keep it there).
4. Promote resilience. There is no shame in getting knocked down; it’s getting back up that matters.
5. Get in the habit of asking questions but do not expect easy answers. Make it safe for people to ask you questions, too.
6. Manage around obstacles. The path to fulfilled goals is seldom straight.
7. Management is the discipline of detail. Leadership is the art of thinking beyond details in order to make things better.
8. Drive innovation by encouraging everyone on the team to think and act creatively. Good ideas can come from anyone at anytime.
9. Encourage dissent about issues but promote civility around people.
10. Create a winning culture so that people feel confident about themselves and their work.
11. Change always happens. Learn to anticipate, embrace and adapt to it and teach others to do the same.
12. Teach others “the how”… then get out of the way and let people do their jobs.
13. Honor tradition but seek to do things that benefit people today and for tomorrow.
14. Get off the pedestal. Leadership is less about who you are than what you do!
15. Lighten up. Take the work (but not yourself) seriously!
Adapted from LEAD BY EXAMPLE: 50 Ways Great Leaders Inspire Results (AMACOM 2008) by John Baldoni.
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org