The Etiquette Edge
Modern Manners for Business Success
Author: Beverly Langford
Pub Date: August 2016
Print Edition: $16.00
Print ISBN: 9780814437629
Page Count: 256
Format: Paper or Softback
Edition: Second Edition
e-Book ISBN: 9780814437636
Buy the book:
Back Cover Copy
Good manners never go out of style. Poise, courtesy, and a professional demeanor help you stand out amid the modern workplace’s cramped spaces, sloppily dressed colleagues, and curt emails.
The Etiquette Edge is your crash course on how to act, what to say, what to wear, when to phone, why lunch matters, how to make a great impression, and every question in between.
With wisdom and a dose of wit, this updated guide offers rules, examples, and action plans to:
• Banish boorish behavior: Don’t interrupt, don’t browse online during meetings, and don’t share questionable posts on Facebook.
• Mind your digital manners: Reread emails for content and tone, double-check texts, and keep your online image spotless.
• Manage troublesome people: Neutralize a bully boss, apologize when needed, and minimize the impact of the inevitable enemy.
• Master the finer points: Run rancor-free meetings, bridge cultural divides, and handle difficult conversations with tact and finesse.
• Polish your image: Dress like a professional, interview with poise, get noticed without becoming notorious, and much more.
“Want to build stronger relationships and be more successful in business? Read this book. It will help you develop a personal action plan for increasing your credibility, having more influence, and being a better communicator.” — Ken Bernhardt, Ph.D., Regents Professor Emeritus, Robinson College of Business, Georgia State University
“Success depends on establishing and maintaining professional relationships and developing a strong personal brand. This book gives you valuable tools for handling a variety of situations to advance your career.” — Rebecca Blalock, former SVP and CIO of Southern Company, bestselling author of DARE, and managing partner of Advisory Capital
Beverly Langford, Ph.D., is president of LMA Communication, a training, coaching, and consulting firm that specializes in strategic communication and interpersonal effectiveness. She teaches in the Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University.
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org