HR from the Heart
Inspiring Stories and Strategies for Building the People Side of Great Business
Authors: Libby Sartain, Martha I. Finney
Pub Date: April 2003
Print Edition: $19.95
Print ISBN: 9780814437278
Page Count: 256
Format: Paper or Softback
e-Book ISBN: 9780814427194
Buy the book:
Table of Contents
"Foreword by Susan R. Meisinger, President, Sciety for Human Resource Management
1. What’s Love Got to Do With It?
2. The Sacred Trust That is HR
3.Six Essential Ingredients of Every Great HR Career
4. Sure It Looks Great, But Does It Fit?
5. Not Everyone Will President of Your Fan Club
6. Great Relationships Are More About What You Give Than About What You Get.
7. Pull Up a Chair (How to Know You’re Really Ready for a Seat at the Table)
8.. And Have a Seat (What to Do Once You Finally Get There!)
9. From the Heart Doesn’t Mean From the Bleeding Heart
10. Know Your Stuff and Know That You Know Your Stuff (And Don’t Let Anyone Tell You Otherwise)
11. Just Because They’re The Experts Doesn’t Make Them More Right Than You
12. Question Authority
13. Start Your Own Hole-In-the-Wall Gang
14. The Dais of Our Lives
15. Can This Marriage Be Saved?
16. How to Know When It’s Time to Leave
17. How to Get a Job That Is Far Better that the One You Wanted
18. Is That New Job You’re Considering in an HR-Friendly Company?
19. Welcome Abroad! (And Watch Your Step!)
20. It’s About People, Not Widgets!
21. The Nuts and Bolts of the Talent Machine
22. HR Does Not Create Culture
23. Internal Branding: The Enchanting Power of the People Promise
24. The Power of People to Make Your HR Branding Work
25. Who Is Really HR’s Customer?
26. How to Make Your Company a Great Customer Service Company
27. Eight Ways to Sell the Value of Your Department
28. The Truth Behind Those Best Employers Lists: This Ain’t No Beauty Contest!
29. Congratulations!You May Have Already Won!
30. Show Them The Money
31. Using Benefits to Build Relationships
32. Rewards, Recognition, Fun: The Triple Crown of Employee Engagement
33. Managing Expectations
34. Soothing the Savage Skeptic
35. The Most Important HR Policy: Throw Out the Policy Manual
36. Diversity Should Be From the Heart, Not Just By the Book
37. Use Your People Expertise to Create Successful Mergers and Acquistions
38. In the Unlikely Event of an Emergency
39. Judgement Day Made Simple and Painless
40. Parting Company
41. The Time to Plan for Layoffs Is Before You Do the Hiring
42.. And Then Someone Said, ""No Good Deed Goes Unpunished""
43. You Are the Keeper of the HR Ethics
44. Conclusion: How Do We Get There From Here?"
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org