75 Ways for Managers to Hire, Develop, and Keep Great Employees
Author: Paul Falcone
Pub Date: June 2016
Print Edition: $21.95
Print ISBN: 9780814436691
Page Count: 336
Format: Paper or Softback
e-Book ISBN: 9780814436707
Buy the book:
Back Cover Copy
Insider strategies from a top-ranked HR executive.
Ready to move your organization forward? You’ll need skilled, motivated, and loyal people to get results. That means eliminating haphazard tactics and policies that quietly demoralize—and building a best-in-class field manual for developing great people.
Paul Falcone, a nationally acclaimed human resources leader, delivers key strategies that managers and executives need to know. Filled with scripts and real-life scenarios, this book demonstrates how to implement a people-focused program that helps you:
• Identify the best and the brightest talent
• Gather crucial information during the interviewing and selection process
• Hire for organizational compatibility
• Communicate openly and honestly to build trust
• Address uncomfortable situations and bad attitudes
• Create a positive environment that engages employees
• Retain restless top performers
• Reengage your team after a layoff or during times of adversity
• Conduct performance reviews skillfully
• Take corrective action when needed, while avoiding “punishment”
• Steer clear of litigation landmines
• Give people opportunities to grow and be recognized
• Practice the kind of enlightened leadership that rallies a team to greatness— and much more.
Paul Falcone has worked as an HR executive at Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, and Time Warner. Author of the best-selling 2600 Phrases for Effective Performance Reviews and others, four of his books made SHRM’s prestigious “Great 8” annual bestsellers list. A top-rated presenter and speaker, he lives in San Diego.
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org