Millennials with Kids
Marketing to This Powerful and Surprisingly Different Generation of Parents
Authors: Jeff Fromm, Marissa Vidler
Pub Date: August 2015
Print Edition: $24.95
Print ISBN: 9780814436585
Page Count: 240
e-Book ISBN: 9780814436592
Buy the book:
Think you know your customer? Think again!
Stories about pampered Millennials lazing away in their parents’ homes have circulated for years. But when you look beyond anecdotes, hard evidence paints another picture: They are practical, diverse, and full of surprises.
• 25 percent are already parents—a number that’s rapidly growing.
• “Family” looks very different than it did even 10 years ago.
• Millennial parents, lashed by recession and distrustful of institutions, are embracing a form of pragmatism not seen in previous generations.
Marketing as usual won’t work anymore. As Millennial parents exert more and more clout as consumers, they’re redefining how companies develop, market, and brand their products. To reach them, you need a fresh perspective on who they really are and what they really want.
Millennials with Kids teases out the shifting attitudes, habits, and desires of this massive generation transitioning to parenthood. Packed with original research collected in large-scale demographic studies, along with case studies and interviews, Millennials with Kids is the first book to spotlight this changing market and offer insights on how to execute the strategies that work today:
• Shift branding away from soft claims and “brand narratives,” and develop a Brand Stand™ and position of authority that’s based on proof.
• Merge digital and nondigital strategies into a seamless whole.
• Tailor messages that speak to increasingly diverse households.
• Create brands that let people express their own personalities.
• Design products and services centered on “useful” rather than “cool.”
• Engage customers with content-driven campaigns, including Branded Content, Rooted Content, Social Care, and Social Satellite.
• Forge lasting relationships by combining price, quality, and convenience.
Millennials who are parents act, think, and consume differently than those who are not. By opening your eyes to emerging trends, profiles, and business success stories, Millennials with Kids lets you adapt your products, branding, and marketing to appeal to this unique and burgeoning generation of parents—and connect with these powerful consumer partners as they’re reshaping the sharing economy.
Jeff Fromm is President of FutureCast, a Millennial marketing consulting firm; co-author of Marketing to Millennials; and contributing writer at Forbes.
LinkedIn: Jeff Fromm
Marissa Vidler is founder of Clear Box Insights, a marketing research firm specializing in shopper insights and the Millennial consumer.
LinkedIn: Marissa Vidler
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org