High-Impact Human Capital Strategy
Addressing the 12 Major Challenges Today's Organizations Face
Authors: Jack J. Phillips, Ph.D., Patricia Pulliam Phillips
Pub Date: August 2015
Print Edition: $34.95
Print ISBN: 9780814436066
Page Count: 304
e-Book ISBN: 9780814436073
Buy the book:
Your workplace may be packed with great people, handpicked and well trained. But what should they be doing to drive the organization forward? How can you channel all that talent and effort into the most profitable areas? And how can you strategize for the future when so many changes are happening now?
Human resources professionals struggle for answers. If you can form a clear vision of how to effectively manage your human capital, you can set your organization on a sustainable path—and bring HR to the forefront of the strategic planning process. But continue with the status quo, and inefficiency and irrelevancy can drag the entire enterprise down.
High-Impact Human Capital Strategy is a sweeping analysis of 12 forces impacting people and organizations, with insights for developing a robust human capital strategic plan that addresses each. From changing workforce demographics and skills shortages to the persistent energy crisis and globalization, the book’s far-reaching overview, step-by-step guidelines, and examples help you provide the direction your organization needs:
Set the optimal investment level the organization should spend on human capital.
• Align your HR programs to business needs.
• Manage critical talent in your organization, and ensure key people remain.
• Create a results-oriented performance and innovation culture.
• Decide how, when, and where work should be performed, and engage employees and cement their commitment.
• Safeguard employees’ well being with cost-effective healthcare and wellness programs.
• Build a diverse workforce that reflects demographic changes, including multi-generational employees, changing immigrate profiles, and women’s ascent into leadership positions.
• Use technology to unleash employees’ creativity and drive productivity, while minimizing the distractions and vulnerabilities.
• Pinpoint how globalization affects your business and your people, and help employees devise ways to offset its impact.
• Counter environmental and energy challenges by engaging employees in sustainability efforts and preparing for adverse impacts in the future.
• Develop leaders who thrive in challenging global environments.
• Measure your programs using analytics and big data, and use results to make improvements.
No resource is as valuable, or expensive, as your people. By learning to provide high-level strategic direction, you not only improve how people work and what they focus their efforts on achieving, but also deliver the bottom-line results your organization needs to thrive in the future.
Jack J. Phillips, Ph.D., and Patricia Pulliam Phillips, Ph.D., are Chairman and President/CEO, respectively, of ROI Institute. They are active consultants, prolific speakers, and co-authors of many HR books and articles.
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org