Fundamentals of Enterprise Risk Management
How Top Companies Assess Risk, Manage Exposure, and Seize Opportunity
Author: John J. Hampton
Pub Date: August 2009
Print Edition: $49.95
Print ISBN: 9780814434642
Page Count: 320
Format: Paper or Softback
e-Book ISBN: 9780814414934
Buy the book:
Back Cover Copy
After the devastation experienced by AIG, Bear Stearns, Lehman Brothers, and other financial institutions, the need for effective, comprehensive enterprise risk management (ERM) systems has never been more stark or immediate.
Whether your organization needs to implement an ERM program from scratch or radically improve upon an existing one, Fundamentals of Enterprise Risk Management is the most up-to-date, all-in-one resource for creating a proactive, clearly articulated ERM system. The book shows you how to use a highly innovative and surprisingly easy-to-use visual architecture for accurately identifying your organization’s exposure to hundreds, sometimes thousands, of risks, and clearly seeing how they interlink with one another—and can potentially set off a cascade of negative effects.
Packed with eye-opening case studies, engaging stories, and “lessons learned,” Fundamentals of Enterprise Risk Management helps you:
● Avoid the dire consequences of failing to recognize both your external and internal risk exposures.
● Set up a world-class ERM system using the practical strategies, helpful examples, and unique tools.
● Create a central, easy-to-use knowledge warehouse to share information and support decision-making.
● See and manipulate complex risk relationships using innovative visual software such as Riskonnect®.
● Exceed the monitoring requirements mandated by the Securities and Exchange Commission, Basel II, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act—and much more.
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org