Why Some Companies Emerge Stronger and Better from a Crisis
7 Essential Lessons for Surviving Disaster
Author: Ian I. Mitroff
Pub Date: March 2005
Print Edition: $32.95
Print ISBN: 9780814434550
Page Count: 256
e-Book ISBN: 9780814416303
Buy the book:
Table of Contents
"1. The Crisis Society: The Rise of the Abnormal
2. Challenge 1 -- Right Heart (Emotional IQ): Deny Denial, Grieve Before a Crisis Occurs
3. Challenge 2 -- Right Thinking (Creative IQ): Be a Responsible Troublemaker
Challenge 3 -- Right Social and Political Skills (Social and Political IQ): Be Patiently
4. Challenge 4 -- Right Integration (Integrative IQ): Embrace Fuzziness
5. Challenge 5 -- Right Technical Skills (Technical IQ): Think Like a Sociopath, Act Like a Saint
6. Challenge 6 -- Right Transfer (Aesthetic IQ): Down with the Old; Design and Implement New Organizations
7. Challenge 7 -- Right Soul (Spiritual IQ): Spirituality Is The Ultimate Competitive Advantage
8. When a Whole Society Is in Crisis, All of the Challenges Apply
9. A Tale of Two Companies
Appendix A: Major Crises at a Glance
Appendix B: A Brief Primer on Crisis Management
Appendix C: A Theory of Complex Problem-Formation and Problem-Solving Inquiry Systems"
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org