The Standout Business Plan
Make It Irresistible--and Get the Funds You Need for Your Startup or Growing Business
Authors: Vaughan Evans, Brian Tracy
Pub Date: May 2014
Print Edition: $19.95
Print ISBN: 9780814434116
Page Count: 272
Format: Paper or Softback
e-Book ISBN: 9780814434123
Buy the book:
Entrepreneurs and business leaders love to tell stories—about their company’s founding, its vision and values, its awesome products and stellar services. They’re compelling narratives, but they lack the gravitas and objectivity needed to sway financial backers.
To land funding, you’ve got to extend beyond emotional appeal and think like a financier. You need to deliver solid evidence and a convincing argument that your business startup or expansion is a low-risk, high-reward proposition.
Step by step, The Standout Business Plan will help you craft a winning plan that attracts investors. Exceptionally clear and practical, this book explains how to:
• Gather key data and survey existing or prospective customers
• Prepare an executive summary that paints a vivid picture of your business, your markets, and potential risks
• Structure your business plan in the most logical way (e.g., market analysis before marketing plans)
• Analyze market demand, competition, strategy, resources, financials, risks, and opportunities—and assemble them into a coherent, consistent, and credible whole
• Pay special attention to four kinds of risk, delivering a credible strategy for mitigating each
• Remove excessive detail, unsupported boasting, and vague claims. And much more!
Real-world examples, clear instructions, and a steady focus on what investors need to know will help transform even a flimsy or unremarkable document into a compelling, backable business plan.
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org