Successful Business Process Management
What You Need to Know to Get Results
Author: Paula K. Berman
Pub Date: April 2014
Print Edition: $29.95
Print ISBN: 9780814434017
Page Count: 272
e-Book ISBN: 9780814434024
Buy the book:
Business process management is a highly effective, budget-sensitive way to achieve greater productivity, reduced time to market, and improved efficiency and flexibility--if it's deployed properly.
But get it wrong and those processes and procedures can be trouble. Overdone processes stifle initiative with red tape, while under-managed processes breed chaos. Even organizations that carefully document their processes are prone to filing them away, rarely consulted, or failing to see them through to successful implementation.
Successful Business Process Management helps you hit the sweet spot, introducing enough rigor to achieve the benefits of strong and mature processes while avoiding strangulation, redundancy, and inefficiency. This just-right guide supplies a clear overview of process management fundamentals and step-by-step instructions on how to define and write procedures, then roll them out and monitor results. The book's approach is unprecedented in clarity and usefulness, as it:
* Links multiple processes into a complete process system that propels corporate goals rather than looking at only one process at a time
* Bypasses jargon and unnecessary complexity so that anyone handed business process responsibilities can quickly master the basics
* Adapts to the specific needs of your company, including size, industry, and culture, and avoids one-size-fits-all aproaches
* Adds incremental improvements into your process system, often a more realistic approach than starting from scratch
* Addresses essential skills you'll need, such as facilitating meetings and driving change throughout the organization
* Walks you through the entire process, from overcoming resistance to documenting standard procedures to assessing their impact and making ongoing improvements
Plentiful examples provide context to the guidelines, while the varied tools--mind mapping tools, process library tools, value stream maps, and more--make the instructions easy to apply.
Processes and procedures are continually evolving to keep pace with changes in your business environment, corporate culture, and customer demands. Successful Business Process Management provides a flexible, systematic approach to creating, implementing, controlling, managing, or simply understanding these fluctuating business processes and process systems. Its clear, comprehensible guidelines serve as a rare crash course for newcomers or a helpful overview for more seasoned professionals who want to achieve exceptional results from their process improvement initiatives.
Paula K. Berman is a Six Sigma Black Belt who has worked with quality systems at companies of all sizes and in a range of industries. Her varied experience at companies such as Boeing, Raytheon, Honeywell, ASML, and SSOE have helped her develop a holistic approach to business process implementation and practical solutions for getting results.
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org