Successful Business Process Management
What You Need to Know to Get Results
Author: Paula K. Berman
Pub Date: April 2014
Print Edition: $29.95
Print ISBN: 9780814434017
Page Count: 272
e-Book ISBN: 9780814434024
Buy the book:
Back Cover Copy
Have you fallen into a process improvement role without formal training? Are you struggling through material geared to experts in Six Sigma or Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI)? Have you discovered how difficult it is to locate specific business process information in all the project management books out there?
Successful Business Process Management fills a vital need for complete, comprehensible information on the basics. The book's accessible, step-by-step instructions and tools explain how to:
* Distinguish between a process, a procedure, and a work instruction
* Know when a standardized procedure or a simple checklist will work best
* Piece together the processes into a coherent process system
* Create flexible templates for documenting standard procedures
* Convince upper management that your process system will enhance corporate goals without adding administrative costs
* Manage multiple, interrelated process improvements at the same time
* Write each procedure to be consistent with defined boundaries, scope, and goals
* Map out the process of converting inputs into required outputs using SIPOC (the "black box" approach)
* Draft and finalize the procedure, making it precise, flexible, and free of potential audit traps
* Launch a new or revised procedure using best practices in change management, such as creating roll-out plans and running pilots
* Employ effective communication and training methods to get the organization up to speed
* Select the best process KPIs to monitor and measure, and improve your procedures or targets when needed
* Tailor classic project management techniques to address the specific needs of managing process improvement projects
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org