How the Information Tidal Wave is Driving New Business Opportunities
Author: Christopher Surdak
Pub Date: February 2014
Print Edition: $27.95
Print ISBN: 9780814433744
Page Count: 288
e-Book ISBN: 9780814433751
Buy the book:
With every screen tap and mouse click, tiny bits of information are generated. Who we are, where we live, what we like to do. We build profiles of ourselves with Facebook postings, Amazon purchases, email messages, YouTube viewings, and other activities that shape our digitized lives.
In fact, so much data is generated that if you downloaded a year’s worth of Internet traffic to CDs, the stack of discs would reach 2.5 million miles high!
For many businesses, this towering mountain of information is overwhelming. For others, it’s a goldmine, packed with revealing facts about what customers want (before they even know they want it) and how to forge connections with their digital tribes. Even some brick-and-mortar retailers are successfully using customer data in new personalization and customization efforts.
Data Crush lets you seize the opportunities in this onslaught of information. It helps you fully grasp the interconnected forces driving data growth, and the profound impact of information-sprawl on businesses. And it guides you in the essential task of collecting, analyzing, and acting upon massive amounts of data to keep your organization relevant and prosperous. You’ll read about:
• The ascendance of smartphones and tablets (with wearable devices now entering the scene), social media, cloud computing, and other data-expanding trends
• New developments in contextification, or predicting a customer’s future needs
• Challenges stemming from the market of one, microeconomies, the intimacy imperative, instant customer gratification, and more
• Big Data statistical analysis, and how to mine it for rich insights into customers and business
• Why the same old business strategies won’t deliver results in today’s information economy
• How to extend data metrics into nontraditional channels, such as email, internal social media, collaboration platforms, and customer communication channels
• Five scenarios of what life might look like in 2020
• And much more
The relentless growth in data is reshaping business processes, and redefining how companies compete. With Data Crush, you’ll learn how to dig your way out of data overload, and opt-in with confidence to today’s fast-paced, data-enabled world.
Christopher Surdak is an industry expert in collaboration, social media, information security, regulatory compliance, and Big Data with over 20 years of professional experience. He is a Technology Evangelist for Hewlett Packard, focusing on Information Governance.
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org