How the Information Tidal Wave is Driving New Business Opportunities
Author: Christopher Surdak
Pub Date: February 2014
Your Price: $27.95
Page Count: 288
Back Cover Copy
The Internet used to be a tool for telling customers about your business. Now its real value lies in what it tells you about them.
Every move your customers make online can be tracked, cataloged, and analyzed to better understand their preferences and predict their future behavior. And with smart-phones and other mobile devices, many customers are online almost every waking moment.
The companies that succeed going forward will be those that learn to leverage this torrent of information—without being drowned by it.
Balancing examples from giants such as Amazon, Home Depot, and Apple with newer players such as Rovio and Groupon, Data Crush examines the forces behind the data explosion, and reveals how the most innovative companies are responding to this challenge. You’ll learn about:
• How social media and mobility are driving extreme data growth
• The promise of Big Data analytics for capturing insights from structured and unstructured data
• The advantages of adopting cloud computing, and preparing for cloud “everything”
• Strategies for improving business processes, from product development that accommodates “thingification“ to customer loyalty programs built on “socialfication”
• The seemingly infinite array of digital commerce and entertainment pathways
• How to measure your organization’s adoption of key technologies
• And much more
In a digitally dependent world, data is the new currency of business. Data Crush’s rare blend of business and tech knowledge helps you make sense of the dramatic changes underway, and turn data crush into a competitive advantage.
Search the full text of this book