Home for Dinner
Mixing Food, Fun, and Conversation for a Happier Family and Healthier Kids
Author: Anne K. Fishel, Ph.D.
Pub Date: January 2015
Print Edition: $16.00
Print ISBN: 9780814433706
Page Count: 240
Format: Paper or Softback
e-Book ISBN: 9780814433713
Buy the book:
Table of Contents
Foreword by Michael Thompson, Ph.D. ix
PART ONE: SETTING THE TABLE
1. Welcome to the Table 3
2. What’s So Great About Family Dinners? 12
3. One Size Dinner Doesn’t Fit All Ages 24
PART TWO: THE MAIN COURSE: FOOD, FUN, AND CONVERSATION
4. Tips for Healthy Eating 49
5. Play with Your Food 77
6. Table Talk That Goes Beyond “How Was Your Day?” 103
7. Telling Stories to Promote Empathy, Self-Esteem, Resilience, and Enjoyment 119
PART THREE: SERVING IT FORWARD: USING DINNER TO MAKE CHANGE IN YOUR FAMILY AND BEYOND
8. Lessons Learned from The Family Dinner Project 139
9. Dinner as a Laboratory for Change 159
10. Extending the Dinner Table to the Wide World 177
About the Author 223
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org