Linking Company Culture with Customer Needs for Extraordinary Results
Author: Edgar Papke
Pub Date: December 2013
Print Edition: $29.95
Print ISBN: 9780814433362
Page Count: 240
e-Book ISBN: 9780814433379
Buy the book:
Alignment has long been the greatest challenge of leadership. No one accomplishes anything alone…and when your people aren’t working together in support of the shared goals of your organization, the result is missed opportunities, failed objectives, and unmet promises to your customers. Whether you’re a manager, a business owner, an executive, or CEO, the most critical task you face is in clearly defining the vision and strategies that support your brand intention, and ensuring these are manifested in the roles, expectations, and goals of each and every member of your company.
Too often, employees and team members are unclear about what they are contributing to, disengaged emotionally from why they are doing it, and confused and fearful because they don’t really understand how they are supposed to do it. It is no surprise that even the smartest of com-panies struggle with alignment, focusing on individual aspects of the business such as vision, strategy, processes and systems, and culture, while still failing to ensure that they are clearly and strongly aligned.
Taking a clear, systemic approach centered around the four elements of customer, brand intention, culture, and leadership, True Alignment presents an effective, easy-to-apply framework for tackling the challenge of alignment head-on, giving you the tools and guidance you need to ensure that:
• Leaders are responsible for role modeling, reinforcing, and leading a company culture committed to the reputation and success of your organization.
• Goals and strategies are demonstrated across and down through your organization by the contribution every employee and team member makes to your company’s vision
• Every employee is aware of how success is created at an individual, group, and company-wide level, and how it adheres to the values, beliefs, and expectations of your business.
• Your people display unyielding resilience, even in the face of difficult issues and challenges that could threaten to throw them off course and make them lose sight of their mission, vision, and intended outcomes.
• Every decision and action taken by every member of your organization fits into the culture, and parallels what your company has promised to deliver to its customers.
If you strive to compete and succeed in the chaotic and rapidly shifting business environment we compete in, you must ensure that your people are more engaged and committed than ever before. This book supplies you with a practical approach to alignment, and a clear and simple roadmap to success.
EDGAR PAPKE is an author, business consultant, leadership coach, and award-winning inter-national speaker and teacher. He has received worldwide recognition for The Business Code™, providing a unique approach to organizational alignment, change management, and performance.
Connect with Edgar Papke at:
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org