The Art of Social Selling
Finding and Engaging Customers on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Other Social Networks
Author: Shannon Belew
Pub Date: January 2014
Print Edition: $19.95
Print ISBN: 9780814433324
Page Count: 272
Format: Paper or Softback
e-Book ISBN: 9780814433331
Buy the book:
Back Cover Copy
The sales and marketing process has been forever changed by social media, and with customers increasingly influenced by peers, brands, and even total strangers online, tapping into networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn has become an essential part of any sales strategy.
Featuring case studies of companies that have used social selling to drive traffic, increase sales, and encourage engagement, this book reveals what works and what doesn’t when engaging with online communities. You’ll learn how to:
• Have persuasive conversations through social media instead of exclusively by phone, email, and face-to-face meetings
• Create powerful first impressions with your online profile
• Turn social shares (likes, favorites, +1s) into social sales
• Use content to build online relationships that transition to sales
• Set tangible goals
• Spot social media trends that may influence future buying behaviors
• Execute realistic, methodical sales strategies for each of the major social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Google+
• Build social selling into your schedule
• Use online tools and analytics to track social influencers and identify relevant conversations as they are happening
• Sell online in B2B and B2C environments
• Integrate your online and offline sales efforts
Including a chapter dedicated to capturing mobile sales—a segment poised to explode as the use of smartphones and tablets grows—this book provides a clear and comprehensive overview of the various social networking sites available to you as well as a practical plan for integrating social selling into your online sales strategy.
Sales is about relationships . . . and if you don’t expand your ability to make them and develop them in the online social arena, you risk falling by the wayside and losing out to competitors. Filled with examples and usable strategies, The Art of Social Selling reveals practical, up-to-the-minute methods for consistently reaching a greater number of high-quality prospects, spreading the word about what you have to offer, and boosting your bottom line.
SHANNON BELEW is a digital marketing advocate and top-selling author of Starting an Online Business for Dummies, All-in-One. She currently manages the online marketing and lead-generation efforts for a global IP telephony company. Her blog, Online MarketingToGo.com, focuses on topics including social media, social selling, mobile strategies, and content development.
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org