A World Gone Social
How Companies Must Adapt to Survive
Authors: Ted Coine, Mark Babbitt
Pub Date: September 2014
Print Edition: $24.95
Print ISBN: 9780814433263
Page Count: 256
e-Book ISBN: 9780814433270
Buy the book:
The Social Revolution's impact on the business world cannot be over-estimated. Like the meteor that likely precipitated the end of the dinosaurs, Social is the catalyst in an extinction event--and business as we know it has changed forever.
A World Gone Social offers an eye-opening look at fundamental and powerful changes the social collaboration era has set in motion:
● Customers now have the power--just watch what happens as more realize it!
● With increased transparency, businesses must be more ethical--no more pretending
● Command-and-control leadership is now so inefficient, it is a liability
● Nimble and small is the new competitive advantage--few corporations are capable of the agility required by evolving marketplaces
● Recruiting is now a two-way proposition, with job seekers able to peer behind the corporate curtain
● Relationship and community-building is how customers and brand ambassadors are won--and retained
● Engagement--with partners, employees, and customers--is not a luxury; it is a requirement.
Each chapter provides compelling stories and concrete examples of companies demonstrating enlightened business practices and doing Social right--and some that are not--and the lessons to be learned from their experiences. Finally, readers will discover how to objectively assess the fit ness of their own company's culture and social presence...so they may successfully transition from a 20th- to a 21st-century "social" organization.
About the Authors
TED COINÉ is a Forbes Top 10 Social Media Power Influencer and an Inc. Top 100 Leadership Expert. He is cofounder of Switch and Shift, a blog focused on leadership, culture, and change. MARK BABBITT is CEO and founder of YouTern, a social community for young careerists that Mashable calls a “Top 5 Online Community for Starting Your Career.”
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org