Unlimited Sales Success
12 Simple Steps for Selling More Than You Ever Thought Possible
Authors: Brian Tracy, Michael Tracy
Pub Date: October 2013
Print Edition: $22.95
Print ISBN: 9780814433249
Page Count: 272
e-Book ISBN: 9780814433256
Buy the book:
What Makes a Would-be Buyer Worth Pursuing?
Six Characteristics of a Good Prospect
Imagine running an ad for the “perfect prospect.” How would you describe that coveted person? “A good prospect has definite characteristics,” says acclaimed sales training authority Brian Tracy. As he shares in UNLIMITED SALES SUCCESS, a good prospect stands out for several qualities:
1. A good prospect is someone who has a problem your product can solve efficiently and cost-effectively. What problems does your product or service solve? Of those problems, which is the most pressing and valuable? Once you have a clear answer, search the marketplace for customers likely to have this exact problem.
2. A good prospect has a goal your product can help to achieve. “The primary buying motivation for all products and services is improvement,” notes Tracy. When someone has a desire to improve a specific aspect of life or work, and your product or service can help, that someone can be a very good prospect.
3. A good prospect has the power to make the buying decision. It doesn’t matter if a prospect has a problem your product can fix, a need your product can satisfy, or a goal your product can fulfill. If that prospect lacks the authority to make a buying decision, then, as Tracy states, “the sales process comes to a halt.”
4. A good prospect is someone who likes you and your company, as well as your product. “People are primarily emotional in their decision making,” observes Tracy, “and almost all emotions revolve around how one person feels about the other.” When a prospect continually argues, complains, and criticizes, deliberately overextend yourself to be polite. “You will always feel happier and more buoyant when you walk away,” Tracy assures.
5. A good prospect is a center of influence; someone who can open doors for you to other prospects. Bending over backwards to acquire a VIP can pay off—big. “One satisfied customer who is well known and respected can create opportunities for you to sell more of your products and services at full price,” Tracy attests.
6. A good prospect is easy to sell to and service. You don’t have to fly across the country to find the perfect prospect. Delivering satisfaction and building a relationship is much easier when the customer is located nearby. “Sometimes,” Tracy assures, “there is an enormous amount of business within walking distance of your own offices.”
Adapted from UNLIMITED SALES SUCCESS: 12 Simple Steps for Selling More Than You Ever Thought Possible by Brian Tracy and Michael Tracy (AMACOM, 2013).
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org