Powerful Phrases for Dealing with Difficult People
Over 325 Ready-to-Use Words and Phrases for Working with Challenging Personalities
Author: Renee Evenson
Pub Date: October 2013
Print Edition: $10.95
Print ISBN: 9780814432983
Page Count: 240
Format: Paper or Softback
e-Book ISBN: 9780814432990
Buy the book:
Back Cover Copy
It’s not the work that’s so hard—it’s the people. The micromanaging control freak. The boss who takes credit for everything. The coworker who regularly strolls in late and takes leisurely breaks.
There’s no escaping problematic personalities. And there’s no point fighting or letting tensions simmer. Instead, learn to build positive, productive relationships with everyone in your workplace—and put your career on an unstoppable upward trajectory.
Powerful Phrases for Dealing with Difficult People is an all-in-one trouble-shooting guide for resolving any kind of conflict with your boss or coworkers. Organized for quick lookup, the book helps you identify situations that push your emotional buttons. It offers powerful tools for defusing potentially explosive situations, including:
• 325 phrases that lead to constructive conflict-resolution conversations
• 20 challenging coworker behaviors, with specific phrases and actions for dealing with each
• 10 difficult boss personality types, with guidelines for working through problems with each
• Tips for recovering from blunders you may have caused yourself
• A five-step process for turning bad situations into positive ones
• Nonverbal communication skills to back up your words
• “I” phrases, phrases of apology, phrases of compromise, and other useful words for building relationships
• “Why This Works” and “Something to Think About” sections that clarify tactics
Don’t get bogged down by people who are incompetent, hog the spotlight, whine, backstab, avoid work, or create other problems. You can interact effectively with even the most challenging people by using these pithy, powerful solutions for quickly resolving workplace strife.
Renée Evenson is a small-business consultant specializing in workplace communication and conflict-resolution strategies. Her previous books include Powerful Phrases for Effective Customer Service and Customer Service Training 101. She lives in Saint Simons Island, Georgia.
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org