Leading the Learning Revolution
The Expert's Guide to Capitalizing on the Exploding Lifelong Education Market
Author: Jeff Cobb
Pub Date: January 2013
Print Edition: $29.95
Print ISBN: 9780814432259
Page Count: 240
e-Book ISBN: 9780814432266
Buy the book:
With more than half of working adults taking webinars, webcasts, in-house training, continuing education classes, and more, the lifelong education market has exploded—and competition among learning providers is fierce. Small entrepreneurial companies are grabbing huge chunks of this multibillion-dollar business away from traditional players such as trade associations, training firms, and departments of continuing education.
Leading the Learning Revolution shows you how to get in the game by building a successful lifelong education business—or how to stay in the game crowded with agile newcomers. Written by a respected consultant, entrepreneur, speaker, and author on the topic of lifelong learning, the book explains essential principles and approaches as well as practical strategies needed to bring them to life, including:
• The critical role that lifelong learning plays in a flat, global economy
• New business models for the evolving learning landscape, including the P2 Community Model and the Virtual Conference Model
• The “value continuum” concept of providing a range of options, at varying price points and value levels
• Seven rules for creating high-quality experiences and rising far above the “junk” learning that floods the market
• Hands-on tools for managing a “home base” learning site, creating digital video and audio, leveraging webinars, and using learning management systems
• Research and writing techniques that help you create an ongoing body of compelling, original content
• How free content, email, search terms, social media, and effective landing pages can convert prospects into customers
• Why a “beta mentality” works well for educational entrepreneurs, whereas a technology-over-value approach can spell trouble
The web is littered with content from innumerable competitors, but few have the solid foundation required for building a sustainable business. Leading the Learning Revolution helps you weave together nimble technology, educational best practices, subject matter expertise, and a consistent focus on value to create unique, irreplaceable learning experiences that build strong connections with users—for a lifetime.
Jeff Cobb has nearly two decades of experience in the world of learning technology and innovation. He is the founder of Tagoras, a research and consulting firm focused on continuing education, and was co-founder and CEO of the e-learning organization Isoph, senior vice president of Quisic, and vice president of LearnSomething. He currently serves on the advisory board of Future Learning and is a frequent speaker and vocal advocate of lifelong learning. His books include 10 Ways to Be a Better Learner and Shift Ed. He lives in Carrboro, North Carolina, and can be reached at www.jeffthomascobb.com.
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org