Control the Process--Win the Sale
Author: William "Skip" Miller
Pub Date: August 2012
Print Edition: $17.95
Print ISBN: 9780814431924
Page Count: 240
Format: Paper or Softback
Edition: Second Edition
e-Book ISBN: 9780814431962
Buy the book:
Back Cover Copy
Your sales strategy is great, but your numbers just aren’t. Why the discrepancy? Because no amount of strategizing will help when you’re face to face with a customer. What you need are tactics—what to say, when to act, what to do. Tactics require you to think like a customer and adopt a proactive approach to selling that is always one step ahead, consciously moving the customer to a decision.
Skip Miller’s updated sales classic offers a fresh approach to understanding the customer’s perspective and controlling the sales process. His methods work no matter what you’re selling, who you’re selling to, or which sales strategy you use. That’s because the 27 tactics and tools in ProActive Selling are practical, flexible, and targeted on improving your skills. You’ll learn to:
• Focus on how people buy, not on how you should sell.
• Create a powerful sales introduction on every sales call.
• Master the seven qualification questions.
• Get rid of “maybes” from the sales funnel.
• Speak the right language to the right level of buyer.
• Increase your average selling price per order.
• Take control and get the buyer to follow your lead.
New and updated chapters help you:
• Understand what motivates your buyer, and whether the deal is likely to go dark.
• Craft voicemail messages that generate 30%–40% callback rates.
• Master the business value conversation that senior executives like to hear.
• Quantify the value of your product or service, and build a sense of urgency from the onset.
• Disqualify prospective buyers who aren’t worth the effort, and free up more time for qualified prospects.
• Use technology (e.g., cloud, video, social media, and more) to generate leads and shorten sales cycles.
• And much more.
William “Skip” Miller is president of M3 Learning, a sales development company, and an instructor for numerous AMA sales management training programs. He is the author of ProActive Sales Management and More ProActive Sales Management, and co-author of Knock Your Socks Off Prospecting. He lives in Los Gatos, California.
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org