Who Says It's a Man's World
The Girls' Guide to Corporate Domination
Author: Emily Bennington
Pub Date: January 2013
Print Edition: $21.95
Print ISBN: 9780814431870
Page Count: 240
e-Book ISBN: 9780814431887
Buy the book:
You’ve read all about the historic gains women have made in the workforce. You know we’re primed to level the corporate playing field.
Now…what does this mean for you?
The answer is: Absolutely nothing if you don’t know how to earn the respect and credibility it takes to see real traction in your career.
Good news. In Who Says It’s a Man’s World you’ll find the specific actions and answers you need to enter the executive suite, including:
• Measurable steps you can take to enhance your reputation in five key areas: self-awareness, social skills, personal effectiveness, team building, and leadership
• Eye-opening assessments that will help you identify your most effective actions, map out your personal career plan, and gauge your own promotability
• Career-planning templates, worksheets, and tools for applying the book’s lessons, including a “Leadership Readiness Assessment” and a list of “20 Things Every Career Woman Must Know”
• First-person narratives detailing lessons hard-learned by highly successful women executives, such as McDonald’s USA President Jan Fields, Mylan CEO Heather Bresch, and fashion pioneer Liz Lange
• “How to Handle It” sections that give you step-by-step guidelines for navigating tricky situations—like when a colleague dumps work on you, a boss is unresponsive, and when clients want way more than they’re paying for
With this no-nonsense approach to climbing the corporate ladder, you’ll not only learn how to “play the game” at work but how to win it on your own terms.
Emily Bennington is a career-transition consultant and has led employee development programs for numerous Fortune 500 companies. She has been featured as a career expert on CNN, ABC, and Fox Business, and quoted in publications including the Wall Street Journal, New York Post, and Washington Post Express. Emily is a contributing writer for Monster.com, a featured blogger for Forbes Woman and Huffington Post, and coauthor of Effective Immediately: How to Fit In, Stand Out, and Move Up at Your First Real Job. You can find her digital sandbox online at www.EmilyBennington.com.
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org