The Market-Driven Supply Chain
A Revolutionary Model for Sales and Operations Planning in the New On-Demand Economy
Author: Robert P. Burrows III
Pub Date: October 2012
Print Edition: $39.95
Print ISBN: 9780814431634
Page Count: 288
e-Book ISBN: 9780814431641
Buy the book:
An astounding 70 percent of U.S. companies struggle with immature sales and operations planning (S&OP), according to eye-opening research from Gartner Inc. Is yours one of them?
The problem is that most S&OP is stuck in a ‘60s supply-driven model, or, at best, an operations- or demand-driven construct, where internal economics and inventory inform decisions. But that doesn’t work in today’s challenging economy, where customers require individual attention and specialized products. Successful supply chains must become market-driven.
The Market-Driven Supply Chain delivers an original, in-depth methodology and detailed case studies to help you transform your traditional, internally focused supply chains into advanced, market-driven S&OP—a gateway to enhanced market share and liberated cash flows. The book’s conceptual framework is complemented by step-by-step guidelines and easy-to-use tools that show you how to:
• Use analytics to conduct value segmentation based on customer needs and differences, and develop a go-to-market strategy for each segment
• Improve your organization’s performance using time advantage and customer connectivity strategies
• Replace “conventional wisdom” based on past behavior with facts and market analysis that look to the future
• Create open and productive collaboration across, up, and down the organization
• Implement monthly planning processes for effectively managing demand
• Design a weekly rate-based planning process at the operational level—the key for becoming market-driven in inventory replenishment, procurement, and production
• Retool 26 management processes to achieve advanced, market-savvy S&OP
Today’s high-stakes economy requires dynamic, market-driven S&OP to keep pace with accelerating service demands and response times. Yet market-savvy S&OP is practiced by fewer than 5 percent of U.S. firms, and even fewer of the world’s manufacturers. It is a true “secret weapon” for increasing share price 3 to 9 times over in just a few years—and an unprecedented opportunity to put your organization in a competitive position, ahead of the pack and prosperous for years to come.
ROBERT P. BURROWS III is founder, managing principal, and chief strategy officer of the On-Point Group, a firm that applies the quantitative science of operations research to supply chain management. His extensive client base includes multinationals and mid-market companies in manufacturing and distribution of both consumer and industrial products. He lives in Cleveland, Ohio.
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org