The Corporate University Handbook
Designing, Managing, and Growing a Successful Program
Author: Mark Allen
Pub Date: June 2002
Print Edition: $24.95
Print ISBN: 9780814420270
Page Count: 256
Format: Paper or Softback
e-Book ISBN: 9780814426647
Buy the book:
Table of Contents
"Introduction: What Is a Corporate University and Why Should an Organization Have One?
Part 1: Designing a Corporate University
1. Creating a Corporate University: Diary of a Launch
Mike Morrison, Ph. D., Dean, University of Toyota
2. Running a Corporate University Like a Business: A Financial Model
Jim Moore, consultant and former director, SunU, Sun Microsystems
3. Corporate University Structures That Reflect Organizational Cultures
Karen Barley, Vice President, Corporate University Enterprise
4. The Corporate University as a Strategic Lever: Moving Beyond Promises to Real Bottom-Line Impact
Tom McCarty, Director of Consulting, Motorola University
5. Strategic Partnerships for Corporate Universities
Mark Allen, Ph.D.
Part 2: Managing a Corporate University
6. Best Practices in Corporate Universities
Robert Fulmer, Ph.D., Professor of Management, Pepperdine University
7. The Corporate University Training Function
Linda Lewis, Senior VP, Learning and Education, Charles Schwab
8. Using Technology to Enhance Learning in Corporate Universities
Brandon Hall, Ph.D., Consultant and President, brandonhall.com
9. Measurement in Corporate University Learning Environments:
Is It Gonna Show? Do We Wanna Know?
Laree Kiely, Ph.D., Consultant and former professor, USC
10. Measuring ROI in Corporate Universities:
Death of the Student Day and Birth of Human Capital
Matt Barney, Ph.D., Director, Performance Excellence and Measurement, Motorola University
Part 3: International Perspectives11. Corporate Universities in Europe
Annick Renaud-Coulton, author and consultant, Paris
12. Corporate Universities in Australia and Southeast Asia
Ian E. Dickson, Ph.D., and Lee Watts, Deakin University, Australia
Conclusion: Whither Corporate Universities?
Mark Allen, Ph.D."
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org