What Great Trainers Do
The Ultimate Guide to Delivering Engaging and Effective Learning
Authors: Robert Bolton, Dorothy Grover Bolton
Pub Date: December 2015
Print Edition: $45.00
Print ISBN: 9780814420065
Page Count: 304
e-Book ISBN: 9780814420072
Buy the book:
Back Cover Copy
Trainers are tasked with an awesome responsibility: helping individuals develop the skills they need to advance their careers and boost their organizations’ bottom lines.
It’s a challenging job, requiring a firm grasp of best practices in training and new developments in learning. What Great Trainers Do is the one book that enables you to develop and deliver dynamic workshops—energizing people, helping them internalize ideas, and changing the way they work for the better.
Written by two trainers who have spent decades developing, enhancing, and delivering train-the-trainer programs to clients of Fortune 500 companies, this book gives you a proven structure for designing workshops, along with surefire strategies for blending course content with fluid interaction—all the core ingredients for achieving effective, positive training sessions. You’ll learn how to:
• Organize your presentations for maximum impact.
• Use activities that connect participants to the content and each other.
• Create visual aids that reinforce key points.
• Fine-tune your delivery.
• Read the group—and adapt the course to fit the participants.
• Handle trainees’ questions and concerns.
• Make presentations more interactive—involving learners early and often.
• Manage tough moments more easily.
• Handle resistance.
• Use debriefs, demonstrations, and deliberate practice to solidify performance, improve applicability, and make the training stick.
• Facilitate positive group process.
• Cement your reputation as a results-oriented trainer.
• And much more.
Great training doesn’t happen by accident. But with the accessible and practical guidelines and tools in What Great Trainers Do, you’ll have at your fingertips a one-stop resource for achieving reliable, repeatable positive learning results.
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org