The Complete Guide to Performance Appraisal
Author: Dick Grote
Pub Date: December 1996
Your Price: $49.95
Page Count: 400
Format: Paper or Softback
Everything you need to develop, create or improve, implement, and manage
a performance appraisal system that actually helps improve employees'
Everything you need to develop, create or improve, implement, and manage a performance appraisal system that actually helps improve employees' work.
" A good appraisal system can serve as an effective structure for culture change within an organization -- and it can help ease one of every manager's most dreaded duties. Now, based on 25 years of experience, Dick Grote gives readers everything they need to make the process work well, including:
* what an ideal system looks like
* the available options and approaches
* how to evaluate performance, write a fair appraisal, and conduct the actual appraisal discussion
* how to create a system from scratch or optimize the one already in place
* critical issues that must be considered, including employee development, pay, and legal concerns
* emerging trends that influence the process -- such as 360-degree feedback, teams, the use of software
* actual appraisal forms from 12 companies, as well as scripts, diagrams, checklists, worksheets, flow charts, and sample policies"
About the Author
DICK GROTE (Dallas, TX) is president of Grote Consulting and an adjunct professor of management at the University of Dallas Graduate School of Management. He is also the author of Discipline Without Punishment (AMACOM).
Search the full text of this book