AMA Business Boot Camp
Management and Leadership Fundamentals That Will See You Successfully Through Your Career
Author: Edward Reilly
Pub Date: December 2012
Print Edition: $25.00
Print ISBN: 9780814420010
Page Count: 240
e-Book ISBN: 9780814431658
Buy the book:
Tips for Getting the Most from the Workforce’s Youngest Generation
To many managers, they’re a mystery. What are their key strengths and their target areas for improvement? What are their values? What motivates them? What do today’s youngest workers, men and women born between 1980 and 2000, want and expect from the workplace?
From the American Management Association, the preeminent provider of business education worldwide, AMA BUSINESS BOOT CAMP helps demystify Millennials for managers grappling with how to best manage the youngest generation in a multigenerational workforce.
General Characteristics of Millennials (a.k.a. Gen Y, Nexters, or the Internet Generation):
• They bring with them a facility for use of the Internet, e-mail, texting, computer games, and all the other diversions made possible by technology.
• They want positive (and immediate) reinforcement, autonomy, positive attitudes, diversity as a way of life, easy money, civic responsibility, and self-esteem.
• Adept at multitasking and avid users of technology, they pursue instant and open communication.
• They tend to have limited interpersonal skills and require ongoing feedback.
Millennials expect a workplace that:
• Provides the latest equipment and technology.
• Incorporates fun.
• Is diverse.
• Strives to make a difference.
• Consistently applies policies, procedures, and expectations.
• Is characterized as being positive and optimistic.
• Encourages individual workers to make an impact.
Adapted from AMA BUSINESS BOOT CAMP: Management and Leadership Fundamentals That Will See You Successfully Through Your Career edited by Edward T. Reilly.
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org