Customer Service Management Training 101
Quick and Easy Techniques That Get Great Results
Author: Renee Evenson
Pub Date: September 2011
Print Edition: $24.00
Print ISBN: 9780814417157
Page Count: 224
Format: Paper or Softback
e-Book ISBN: 9780814417164
Buy the book:
Back Cover Copy
The heart of all great service is in knowing what your customers need, want, and expect. And there’s no better way to get that information than from the daily interactions between customers and your service team. Well-trained service representatives turn issues into opportunities, problems into solutions, and customer interactions into new sales, repeat business, loyalty, and great word-of-mouth advertising. So a great customer service manager will have a direct, significant, and positive effect on the way his or her company is perceived by its customers.
It all starts with the right learning tool: Customer Service Management Training 101. Whether you are a new manager or a veteran, the accessible, step-by-step guidance in this book is designed to help you:
• Identify your own management style and create an improvement plan. How do you manage, and what are your strengths and weaknesses?
• Develop leadership qualities. How do you rate yourself as a leader, and how do you turn your own desire to achieve into strong leadership skills?
• Plan and organize your team’s strategy according to tangible goals that reflect and meet customer needs.
Manage other people
• Build a cohesive team. Define your team’s purpose, decision-making, and problem solving processes.
• Train, develop, and manage your employees. Develop their interpersonal, technical, research, and business skills—and keep doing it.
• Handle challenges. Anticipate problems and have plans in place to help avoid and alleviate them.
• Communicate clearly and effectively—with team members, other managers, executives, customers, suppliers, and others.
Manage for results
• Monitor and maximize performance.
• Motivate your employees with constructive, applicable feedback.
Each chapter begins with an overview and features an example of “the wrong way to manage,” followed by step-by-step lessons illustrating what could have been done better—culminating in a “right way” to handle similar situations in the future. The chapters also include checklists, real-world application practice lessons, and goal planners to create powerful, repeatable strategies.
The better manager you are (and the more effective your service team is), the more you’ll enjoy your job and grow in it. The book’s final chapter talks about putting your best FACE forward—that is, Focusing, Achieving, Caring, and Exemplifying. This chapter offers refreshingly practical tips for developing and improving your own professional skills, keeping positive momentum going, creating and leveraging opportunities, realizing personal goals, and making yourself even more valuable to employers—now and throughout your career.
Renée Evenson is a business consultant and writer specializing in organizational psychology in the workplace and the roles and relationships between customers, employees, and management. She is also the author of Customer Service Training 101. She has a degree in organizational psychology from Ohio University and has devoted more than thirty years to the customer service field, including her fifteen-year career as a customer service and staff manager for BellSouth.
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org