Franchising & Licensing
Two Powerful Ways to Grow Your Business in Any Economy
Author: Andrew J. Sherman
Pub Date: April 2011
Print Edition: $45.00
Print ISBN: 9780814415566
Page Count: 464
Edition: Fourth Edition
e-Book ISBN: 9780814415696
Buy the book:
Back Cover Copy
Whether your organization has an original technology, a trademarked brand, or a unique distribution system that lends itself to partnering opportunities, Franchising & Licensing will lead you directly to fresh revenue streams—with no missteps or omissions.
Combining a big-picture approach with an unprecedented level of depth and detail, Franchising and Licensing supplies a rare mixture of business acumen, legal expertise, and financial insight. And it’s now updated to explain new regulations and legal decisions, new strategies and trends, and deliver new sample agreements, checklists, and questionnaires.
The fourth edition shows you how to:
• Prepare a comprehensive manual that serves as the foundation of your operations and training programs.
• Set up quality control systems for maintaining your brand or image, and assembling the field staff required to enforce them.
• Comply with record-keeping requirements that will protect your organization in a dispute or a federal or state regulatory investigation.
• Protect your intellectual property, including trade secrets, patents, copyrights, and other intangible assets.
• Develop sophisticated sales and marketing plans that uniquely target both the franchisee and the ultimate consumer.
• Gain access to the affordable debt and equity capital you need to maintain your growth plan.
• Comply with corporate governance and reporting obligations in today’s post–Sarbanes-Oxley environment.
• Assess opportunities for mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and other alternatives to franchising
• And much more!
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org