The AMA Handbook of Public Relations
Author: Robert L. Dilenschneider
Pub Date: February 2010
Print Edition: $35.00
Print ISBN: 9780814415252
Page Count: 256
e-Book ISBN: 9780814415269
Buy the book:
Back Cover Copy
With Web 2.0 dramatically changing how we communicate, succeeding in PR today requires bringing your skills to a new level and applying them in a new way. This involves not only mastering blogs, podcasts, social networks, and the latest digital novelties, but leveraging all the available outlets for ideas, opinions, facts, debate, and attention—online and off—and integrating everything toward reinforcing your message.
In The AMA Handbook of Public Relations, PR icon Robert L. Dilenschneider shows you how to combine the tools and techniques spawned by the Internet with traditional media—and exploit them all to create consistently powerful campaigns. With case studies, expert advice, and practical action steps to make honing your skills easy, you’ll know how to:
• Create a Web presence with staying power and personal appeal
• Leverage a variety of electronic media—while protecting your clients and your company from the perils of harmful attention
• Stay on top of what is being said online about everything that affects your business
• Look to your audience for determining which communication tools to choose and how to use them
• Allocate resources and set a realistic budget for the right media mix—and measure the results based on key goals
The AMA Handbook of Public Relations is an indispensable guide for today’s savvy PR professional.
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org