The AMA Handbook of Leadership
Authors: Marshall Goldsmith, John Baldoni, Sarah McArthur
Pub Date: January 2010
Print Edition: $29.95
Print ISBN: 9780814415139
Page Count: 288
e-Book ISBN: 9780814415146
Buy the book:
Effective leadership is more crucial than ever before. In fact, the link between effective leadership and corporate health is backed up by hard data, as best-selling author Judith M. Bardwick explains in her contributed article to The AMA Handbook of Leadership. Study after study shows that leadership quality directly impacts employee commitment—and employee commitment predicts an organization’s financial success.
You’ll learn about this and other important research, trends, and perspectives in this one-of-a-kind compendium of original writings from some of the leading thinkers and doers in the field. There’s not a single “system” for sale here, but a gathering of twenty-three succinct, on-target articles on what it means to be an effective leader today, as well as proven strategies for leading people and organizations to success. Read from:
• Maya Hu-Chan on the five most important skills required of global leaders navigating a multicultural, ever-changing world
• D. Quinn Mills and Luke Novelli Jr. on how to astutely read the three primary executive styles in both Asian and Western contexts
• Marc Effron and Miriam Ort on the trouble with talent management, along with ideas for radically overhauling the TM and HR functions
• Howard J. Morgan and Paula Kruger on fourteen key lessons for turning a high-turnover department into a committed, profitable unit
• Joseph Folkman on thirteen ways to show you care about your people—distilled from one hundred thousand 360° assessments
• Paul Hersey on eight ways to mold Generation Y into high-performing leaders—not just a remarkably high-maintenance workforce
• Robert H. Rosen on four ways that leaders can use the anxiety caused by change and uncertainty in positive, productive ways
• Fons Trompenaars and Peter Woolliams on how a “servant leader” approach can help your organization achieve a sustainable future
Packed with real-life examples, research-based assessments, and probing analyses, The AMA Handbook of Leadership’s brisk, stimulating articles give you a broad perspective on new leadership challenges and strategies—including some refreshingly contrarian opinions and observations. Browse the book for a thorough overview or pick the best possible ideas for you and your organization.
Marshall Goldsmith is a New York Times best-selling author and one of the world’s foremost leadership experts. He lives in Rancho Santa Fe, California.
John Baldoni is an internationally recognized leadership consultant, coach, and speaker. He lives in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Sarah McArthur is a business writer and editor. She lives in San Diego, California.
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org