Next-Generation Marketing Strategies for Making Millions Online
Author: Scott Fox
Pub Date: May 2009
Print Edition: $25.00
Print ISBN: 9780814414620
Page Count: 336
e-Book ISBN: 9780814414712
Buy the book:
Scott Fox's Top Ten e-Riches Online Marketing Success Tips
Here's a summary of how Scott Fox recommends that you reorganize your marketing efforts to take advantage of the largest and most cost-effective marketing platform in history: the Internet.
1. Graduate from web site-centric marketing to “distributed engagement.” Market your “product presence” across the web's many sites, platforms, and communities. Engage with customers to create fans of your brand and a sales-enhancing “reputation cloud.”
2. Reprioritize your marketing tactics to support consistent online content publishing on your web site and across the many new platforms available inexpensively online. Today distributed engagement via email, RSS feeds, autoresponders, social networks, and social news sites, allows you to inexpensively nurture your best customers and recruit new ones into your audience. Start collecting e-mail addresses yesterday.
3. Explore social networks and social bookmarking. They can “magically” better connect you to your current customers and introduce you to highly targeted new audiences.
4. Blog if you have something to day that will make you more money. Otherwise be quiet. Spend your time commenting on other people's blogs instead.
5. Learn how the Internet has changed the rules of public relations. Don't chase reporters with press releases; use news leads services to make publicity opportunities come to your email inbox automatically.
6. Give away as much of your product online as you can afford. Share your expertise through article marketing and “freemium” giveaways to attract as many eyeballs as possible.
7. Leverage new online broadcast platforms. Online video, Internet radio and podcasting, and teleseminars offer new promotional “broadcasting” opportunities much less expensively than twentieth century TV and radio ever did.
8. Put the huge reach of search engines and affliate programs to work promoting your business. Both are cost-effective strategies for reaching new customers.
9. Establish key performance indicator (KPI) metrics to measure your traffic and sales growth. Evaluate your marketing program regularly to ensure you stay effective.
10. Differentiate or die. Use online research tools to identify holes in the market that your company's products and marketing messages can fill profitably.
Adapted from e-Riches 2.0: Next-Generation Marketing Strategies for Making Millions Online (AMACOM 2009) by Scott Fox.
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org