How the Best Leaders Lead
Proven Secrets to Getting the Most Out of Yourself and Others
Author: Brian Tracy
Pub Date: February 2010
Your Price: $24.95
Page Count: 256
As a savvy and motivated professional, you’re constantly on the lookout for high-impact leadership strategies to take your business to the next level and beyond—which don’t bog you down in abstract theories or exhaustive case studies. You need foolproof ways to lead your people to achieve outstanding results, even in challenging times. As legendary football coach Vince Lombardi said, it’s time to get “brilliant on the basics.”
The world’s great business leaders make it all look easy because they keep it simple: measurable, repeatable methods that generate exceptional results in both strong markets and weak, good economies and bad.
There is perhaps no greater student—and teacher—of these proven and timeless leadership strategies than Brian Tracy, whose business books, seminars, and consulting work have guided countless thousands of professionals, executives, and leaders of all stripes to truly amazing results. In How the Best Leaders Lead, Tracy breaks down the art and science of business leadership into the seven fundamental responsibilities that outstanding leaders master. Essential for success in any organization and every leadership position, they are:
• Setting and achieving goals. Leadership is not abstract—you need to state where you’re going and follow through on what it takes to get there.
• Fostering innovation. Continuously improving your products, services, processes, and promotion methods is the only way to remain dominant.
• Problem solving and decision making. As Tracy notes, “The only obstacles that stand between you and the business success you desire are problems, difficulties, hindrances, and barriers. Your ability to go over, under, or around these problems is central to your success.”
• Setting priorities. Mastering the ability to effectively deploy your three most critical resources—people, money, and time—is vital.
• Setting high standards—and leading by example. The simple but profound truth is that your people can only follow you as far as you lead them.
• Inspiring and motivating others. Getting past “command and control” is the key to sustainable leadership success.
• Performing and achieving results. The direct outcome of the previous six responsibilities combined, this is the measure by which you will ultimately be judged.
How do you master these responsibilities? First, you must ask yourself, “How well do I know myself and what I truly want in my work and my life? How the Best Leaders Lead will take you through a thorough self-analysis with which you will discover what is truly important to you—and identify the specific steps you must take to achieve it.
You’ll then read Tracy’s life-changing lessons culled from the leading edges of business, the annals of history and military strategy, and the wisdom of the world’s most powerful leadership and management thinkers past and present.
Leadership is an exact science but a simple one, born of clear vision and courage, self knowledge and integrity, focus and confidence. With acute insight and Brian Tracy’s quintessentially accessible guidance, How the Best Leaders Lead brings those powerful attributes and leadership greatness easily within your reach.
Brian Tracy is a top business speaker, author, and consultant, addressing more than 250,000 people worldwide each year. He has written 45 books and produced more than 400 audio and video learning programs, which have been translated into 27 languages. He is the President of Brian Tracy University and the Chief Learning Officer of iLearning Global.com, the preeminent business learning portal in the world today. He lives in Solana Beach, California.
Search the full text of this book