Assimilating New Leaders
The Key to Executive Retention
Authors: Diane Downey, Tom March, Adena Berkman
Pub Date: July 2001
Your Price: $29.95
Page Count: 272
Newly hired senior executives don't need any help, right? After all, they're getting paid top dollar for knowing their stuff!
The reality is that executives often do need guidance and support when joining an organization. In fact, a recent survey reported that more than 70% of newly hired executives left their jobs within the first two years! These missteps can wreak havoc on subordinates, departments, customers, suppliers--and ultimately the bottom line.
Assimilating New Leaders offers a way to turn around this abysmal turnover rate by proposing an original four-stage process for successfully assimilating new leaders into an organization. By employing this dynamic new model and examining the book's abundance of real-life examples, readers will learn how to:
* Anticipate the potential pitfalls of leadership transitions
* Minimize disruption to business cycles and processes
* Give new leaders the tools they need to succeed
* Understand how to recruit--and retain--the right senior leaders
* Realize the organization's return on investment in the new leader.
Search the full text of this book