The Facility Manager's Guide to Finance and Budgeting
Authors: David G. Cotts, PE, CFM, Ed Rondeau
Pub Date: May 2007
Print Edition: $39.95
Print ISBN: 9780814401590
Format: Paper or Softback
Buy the book:
Leaky faucets and cracked pavement aren't the only demands on a facility manager's time and energy. These days, they also need top-notch financial skills--to sell their department to senior management, to win funds for crucial projects, to become fully integrated into the organization.
Sadly, most facility managers lack even fundamental financial skills. The Facility Manager's Guide to Finance and Budgeting is the first primer designed to teach them the ropes quickly, concisely, and with minimum pain. The book explains how to:
* Understand the essential concepts of facility work programs and programmatic planning and budgeting
* Develop and manage an annual expense budget, then evaluate the results
* Make financially sound ""go/no go"" decisions on projects requiring capital funding
* Pinpoint significant cost-savings and cost-containment areas
* Use unit-cost indicators to benchmark facility management initiatives
* Create an information system and database that ties directly into the budget."
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org